1.03.2009

My wife is awesome! She's making me blog!

So let me tell you all how awesome my wife is; she just handed me my computer and said, "Here, blog!". I of course responded with my typical stubborn, dumb attitude by saying, "Blog about what!?!" I was just kidding really, I like writing blogs but it just seems to take me longer and longer to find that perfect combination of inspiration + motivation + time I need to actually sit down and write. Apparently though there is a new blogging app for the iPhone that Matt was telling me about the other day. I guess you can upload pic's and everything. So I'm going to find that app and then I'll bet my blogging consistency will increase 50% because I will be capable of writing a blog anywhere anytime.
So tonight was a good night; we threw my Mom a surprise birthday party at Max & Erma's, she's now 55. Her kids, kid-in-laws, grandkids, brother, sisters and two sister-in-laws all got together to honor her. It was pretty great bringing her into the restaurant and seeing the look on her face when everyone yelled surprise. Good times.
Now Susan and I are sitting on the couch watching an episode of Alfred Hitchcock. It's pretty amusing. I'll probably be going to bed soon, we have church in the morning. We go to Toledo Vineyard and love it. It's one of those churches where you're allowed to just be yourself and nobody looks down on you for it ever, no matter how messed up you are. It's a safe place where I feel loved. It's nice to have a church like that to go to with my family when I'm not on the road. If you're interested at all in checking it out here's the churches website:
Our Christmas tree is still up, I wonder how it will be before Susan wants to take it down. I'll bet we'll end up taking it down tomorrow because I'd rather wait until Monday;)
I think I'm going to try and get all the drumheads on my drum kit changed tomorrow because we're scheduled to go to Nashville and record a song with a new producer that we've never worked with before. We're going to see if he's the guy we want to do the next record with. So yea, it's true; next Thursday & Friday we will be recording the first song for the next Sanctus Real record. I'm already quite excited about this record because Matt has been writing a lot and the demo's he's been sending to us are great. We also got together and jammed as a band last week for the first and ended up writing two really cool songs. So things are starting nicely, hopefully that "flow" will only increase as we get further into this project.
Alright, so at this point I've just simply decided that I'm going to make this the most random blog ever because that's pretty much how it's turning out anyway so lastly; here's one of my most favorite drum videos of all time:

15 comments:

Allison Parker said...

Has anyone told you you are a cuter version of Robin Williams? Happy New Year and more power to you and Sanctus Real!!! Love your songs!

Rockermom said...

THANK YOU SUSAN!!!! yay finally a new blog, lol. That's awesome about your church and your mom's bday.

Cant wait to hear the new songs (according to SR myspace you're coming to PA in March - hopefully we'll be there and you guys play some of the new songs)

BTW I agree with Allison, lol

Much love, have a great 2009!

Be blessed!

Unknown said...

That truly is a great video. Liam and I found that one a while back and he always wants to watch it. I love Dave Weckl's hair. I think you should go retro and sport the weckl for the next tour. :)

Glad to see you blogging!

Unknown said...

Hey Mark (and Susan!) Thanks for the blog update, however, I did not see your church's website listed. Did I miss it?

Hugs & take care!

Lisa (from Bryan) :o)

Anonymous said...

man. that video was amazing.

great playing with you guys last week in Indy. hope you had a safe trip back.

nathan peterson
hello industry

Anonymous said...

lol seriously, your wife is awesome. i heart Susan, she's super sweet!

i bet you guys have a thousand things to write songs about now. so many great things happened for you guys in 08. its only getting better in 09. i hope i get to see you guys again soon. you're in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

it's time you get two sets of hi-hats. move over splash cymbals...

Anonymous said...

Yes!! A new CD is coming! Can't wait to hear it!
Hey, are you going to play some new songs on the Klove cruise? I can't wait to see you guys there! I've only seen you in concert once, and that was a couple years ago, right after The Face of Love came out. Long time ago.
Anyway, I hope God continues to bless you and the rest of the guys, and that He continues to use you all to impact people's lives.
Kala

Rockermom said...

Have a wonderful time at the K-Love cruise with the family.

Much love, be blessed!

Grace Cartwright Aspinwall said...

oh yay for new posts :-) glad to hear you are well!

Anonymous said...

Your mom's only 55? Gosh... my mom is a year older than that... I feel so unaccomplished with my life now. Oh well. I hope to see you guys in the new year! Keep rockin!

Princess Samantha said...

Hey, I'm rooting for you guys to win a Grammy tonight!

Rockermom said...

Hi sweetie

Just stop by to wish you a wonderful blessed birthday. Have a great one!!!

Much love, be blessed!

Rockermom said...

Hey Mark, time for a new blog, need to talk to Susan again(lol). How are you, the family????

anyhow, I can't follow you on Twitter anymore, did you block me accidentally (Rockermom1)???

Have a great week. Much love, be blessed!

Unknown said...

Hey Mark,
I know it was a long time ago when you came up to Spokane, WA for a concert in October, but my friends and I would like to thank you from the bottoms of our hearts! After hearing Sammy talk our hearts broke for the people in Africa. Quickly after that we got involved. We launched a continuing campaign to raise funds. Our whole school has gotten involved and it has just been amazing! Please check out our own blog: makechangecampaign.blogspot.com.

Mainly I just wanted to thank you and everything your band has done! You are all such an encouragement! God is definatly working through you in incredible ways, keep up the good work!
~God bless
Sydney E.