8.01.2008

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

Man! What is my problem!?! My last post was all talking about how it's been too long and that I need to make sure I'm blogging more often and keeping you guys (& girls) up to date on life, blah, blah, blah, and what do I do then? Wait another TWO MONTHS!?! Well if there's anybody out there hanging in there with me and still reading this, please forgive me for absolutely proving that I suck at the whole blogging thing. I'm sorry I've failed you all yet again. I hope you all can find it in your hearts to forgive and forget and be gracious enough to believe in me that I will one day be good at this.
To be honest, when we decided as a band that we were all going to commit to these personal blogs as a part of Sanctus Reality, I knew deep down that I was going to be the slacker at this whole thing. And here in lies the beauty of the blog; like I said in the blogs' original title description, "THE EXTREMELY SCREWY LIFE OF A CHRISTIAN ROCK DRUMMER IN ALL IT'S BRUTALLY HONEST GLORY". I'm going to be brutally honest; I have a hard time staying motivated to do the little things like this. Most of my life I've battled with motivation issues on all sorts of different things. Apparently it's a normal part of my personality type. I've taken two different personality profile tests to better understand myself and how I work with others and unfortunately one of the cons of a character like me is I'm not very motivated to do anything that I'm not extremely interested in. Looking back on my high school career, this definitely proved to be true. I was a horrible student barely passing my classes like Algebra, World History, Anatomy, etc. But then I was a straight A wizard with anything music, I was always at the top of the class in Marching Band, Jazz Band & Orchestra. I could never get myself to stay focused and pay attention in German 101 or to do any homework in that class, but I had absolutely no problem sitting in my bedroom at my drum kit and practicing for six hours a day, literally.
The weird thing is, I need to just remind myself how much I like doing this. Every time I write it proves to be very therapeutic for me and enjoyable. It's definitely not that I'm uninterested or that I don't like doing this, I always end up really enjoying it and I especially love when you all actually respond and leave cool comments. I get all of your comments sent straight to my personal email on my iPhone by the way. If you leave a comment, not only do I read it but I do so probably about five minutes or so after you leave it.
So here's to picking up the blogging torch once again, raising it high and running down the stairs with it! Hopefully I won't crash and burn again. Special thanks by the way to a couple of you who left me comments saying that you were anxious to hear from me again! I appreciate it! It's help with the motivation factor for sure to know that somebody not only reads these but actually likes to. Ok, ta-ta for now!
Mark

15 comments:

Kenni B said...

Love you brother! Call me sometime. I could use a man hug.

And I hope you don't get this 5 minutes after I send it cause that would mean you got it at like 5:50 in the morning!!!

Rockermom said...

Hey sweetie

You're excused, this was worth the wait - nice long blog! Thanks for sharing about your personality & issues about it,lol. Maybe you could just do short ones more often, but however you decide to blog is okay with us. It shouldn't be a chore, you have plenty of those already...

Anyways, hope you're having a great summer and enjoying time with your 2 gorgeous boys (need to post some pics here too)

Much love, looking forward to seeing you guys again in Sept.

Be blessed!

Rockermom

Anonymous said...

well you sure make up for the lack of blogs with extra long ones. :)

Ash the Dreamer said...

it's okay... i'm just so glad you guys do do this... Jesus used Sanctus Real in a HUMONGOUS way to pull me out of depression, so i pray that God will bless you guys like He has blessed me. the blogs kinda give me ideas of what to pray for. :)

i'm really excited about your concert in Pennsylvania on Sept. 21... hope i can be there. :) God bless your ministry... and you. :) haha.

bailey.

Sarah B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah B. said...

At the camp I work at, we had a confrence this week and I helping teach the 3 to 6year olds and one of the things we learned how to do today was to forgive, just like Jr. forgave the Cranky grapes and the Larry(or giligain) was able to be forgivin for crashing into a rock and getting everybody marrooned on a desert island...

So I forgive you :-D

Jaime said...

LOL! It's great to hear from you again!

It's cool that you see our comments so quickly! Though i doubt you'll be reading this one within the next 5 minutes...it's past 1 AM! :P

andra said...

Yep...it's true: it's really good to hear from you every time (even if that happens so "often").

But Mark...YOU ROCK, bro! So...of course we forgive you!
Tell the other guys i said hi.

I wonder if you're gonna read this 5 minutes after i send it. Let me know, okay?

God bless!!!


a.

Unknown said...

This is a funny post. I actually scroll through all your blogs close to every day and was just saying to myself the other day, "Self, I wonder why Mark isn't blogging anymore." but there you are, back in the saddle.

Don't worry though, I'm sure there are more important things to be motivated to do than blogging.

Ashlen said...

Nice to hear from you again!!
I was starting to think maybe the Sanctus brothers were giving up on us diehard fans who regularly check your blogs...glad to see your not! ;)

Well keep it up because I always love hearing what you ALL have to write!!

Anonymous said...

Mark, I totally know how you feel about the whole -not being very good at or dedicated to something unless your really interested.-Sometimes I can be the same way.Just wanted to let you know ur not the only one who feels like that! :) P.S.-I saw you and Sanctus at spirit song a few weeks ago...you rock!

Keeli4Jesus said...

Hey Mark!!
I love reading your blogs so much. I feel like I can really relate to them, they're not intimidating, and I really am inspired and learn things from them. So THANK YOU!!!

your sister in Christ,
Keeli

Anonymous said...

Mark,

I so know what you mean!! As much as you want to write and you know what you'd like to write about, somehow getting to it is difficult.
Don't feel bad about the two month gap. Four years ago I decided to keep a journal about life in our family with our four kids, and let my kids read it someday - guess when my last entry was?? Eleven months ago! Guess I've got you beat.
I know what I'd like to be writing about today, but will I get to it??

Keep at it... we appreciate it!

Cherylyn. said...

YAYY! new post from Mark!
I love your words!
everytime i update my blog, you're one of the first blogarooneys i check for updates!
Even though you don't blog your little heart out... you are always faithful to come back! So, you're not a slacker at all....sometimes less is more... your blogs are always awesome... so it makes up for lost time in between posts!
I can TOTALLY understand what you're saying about being motivated to do the things you love, but less pumped about working hard at the things that aren't your passions.
INDEED.

i hope everything is glorious in your world.
<3
cherylyn.

Cassie said...

Glad to hear from ya! And we did surely miss you. So if you are getting this five minutes after I post it-hope this wasnt some night where you got to get to bed early and I woke you up. :) The thing I love about blogging is that you can write something God lays on your heart and who knows how many hundreds maybe thousnads will read and maybe just maybe they'll feel God's presence or see what real christianity is all about. Through your posts I've been able to see God working in a man who is sold out to Christ-its always encouraging to see you and the other guys live your life out loud, so thanks for letting us all take a peak into your world. :) Sorry for the long comment I just kept going! Be blessed Mark!