8.20.2008

I like John Mayer...

Anyone heard that newer John Mayer single "Say"? I keep hearing it on the radio, (Susan's been on a kick where she's listening to 101.5 The River a lot, which is totally meant for her demographic, I find that slightly humorous), and I just love that song! I've always dug Mayer's stuff which honestly I feel slightly less than manly admitting that, but hey; the dude writes GREAT songs! Also, he's pretty much the Eric Clapton of our generation when it comes to playing guitar. If you don't believe me you need to check out his new live dvd called Where The Light Is, it's literally unbelievable. So yea, anyways, just thought I'd tell you guys that I really like that song.
Ok, what's actually going on is that I tried to buy that song on iTunes just now but my debit card was declined because someone stole my card and the bank had to shut off the card. I wish I could listen to that song now but I'm going to have to wait until I get my new debit card. So for now I'll just talk to all of you...Until my card gets here... Then I'll buy the song... And go listen to it... And finally leave you all alone... I'm rambling aren't I?.. That's what happens when I can't listen to John Mayer when I'd like to... Sometimes I just feel like I need to hear those bluesy pop hooks that run deeper than an infection... Ok I'm definitely less than manly now... I'm just going to be quiet... Shoooosh Mark... (silence)... Should I be embarrassed?.. Anyone other dudes out there like John Mayer that much?.. Are you all too busy crying with laughter or making fun of me to answer?.. Just say what you need to say...

Mark

8 comments:

Kenni B said...

Well I have and like Continuum but no other albums by him. So, no, I guess I don't like him as much as you do. LOL

KB

Nic said...

i couldn't agree with you more.
except for the song "Say".
It's ok, but it's way overplayed.
And I think Mayer is at his best when he's rippin those blues solos.
You should hear the live version of "Gravity". You will cry.

Anonymous said...

...my dad likes john mayer =)

Cassie said...

lol nice post. crazy about your card! And I can't say I've listened to John Mayer a lot..sorry I can't relate there! But I have to give you props for your frequent blogs as of late!

Rockermom said...

hey, nice to hear from you, even if you're rambling about your manlyhood, lol

Have a wonderful Labor day weekend.

be blessed!

Unknown said...

This has nothing to do with John Mayer, but...

I brought my son to the concert last night in Spring Arbor. Is it just me or were you adding more double bass kicks to a few of your songs than normal? I loved it. The question is, did you do it old school Jeff Porcaro style? Or did you incorporate a double bass pedal?

Also, liked the use of two Dave Weckl style inverted splash cymbals. Cool.

Unknown said...

most definately all my guy friends are on a John Mayer kick and have been all summer.. and they are more than proud to admit it.

i personally went on a JM binge already and am slowly working my way out of it..

Kelly said...

I'm no dude, but John Mayer ROCKS! And all three of my bros love him as well if it makes you feel better :)