2.12.2008

We Need Each Other...


Well, our new cd came out today. It is truly one of the strangest experiences ever to release a cd out into the world and then wait to see how it will be be received. Especially with this one in particular as we've spent the last year writing and recording, re-writing and re-recording, to make sure that this will indeed be the best Sanctus Real record yet. I truly believe that we've accomplished that goal, but there's still that "test of time" to see wether or not those who go out and buy the cd love it as much as we hope they will. The "test of time" causes one to become anxious for reaction, but yet, also causes a sort of anti-climatic feeling as well. You go through this big countdown and then BOOM! The record drops, you're excited about this, but the fact of the matter is you still won't know if it is going to connect with more people than the last one did for a couple of years! So I guess my hope is that by 2010, we'll be able to look back at today and say wow, that record really had a huge affect on people and has completely changed everything in our little world. Truth be told I guess only Jesus can make that happen or not so I probably shouldn't even worry about it. It really doesn't matter as long as God does what He wants to do with it. Anyways, hope you dig the new cd.
Mark

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I think its pretty amazing! my friend and I went and got it and actaully photo journaled our journey...yes we are crazy.. well i am the crazy one cause it was my idea to photo journal our trip! again its amazing! thats all I can say for now!:)

Rachel said...

oh and Happy Birthday Mark!
hope you guys have safe travels this week! you all are in my prayers!!!

Joanne Brokaw said...

Mark, just wanted to drop by and give you guys a little encouragement on the day after the big album release. It's a great album and I know you'll get a great response from fans, old and new.
Congrats on the new baby news, and I hope you're all feeling better!
All the best,
Joanne Brokaw

Janae said...

I haven't got it yet but I hope to get is soon! I know that I totally love the title track as well as the "Whatever You're Doing" song.
Thank you for making a blog! God bless!

andra said...

Hey!! Congrats on the new album! and Happy Birthday!! :)

Anonymous said...

mark-
i totallllly LOVE the album! ... i can't put my finger on which song is my "favorite" off this album yet... but i listen to it 24/7 .. i love ittttt!
can't wait to see you at good 'ole mel-o-creme next time you guys are home! (you better stop by! =] )
take care!
love & prayers!

Anonymous said...

Connection made with me on your new cd.It rocks!!All the songs have such a catchy hook that the songs resonate in my head long after I listen to it!!It is a powerful witness to my heart,mind and soul!!!Thank you all!!Loveee it!!!!!It lifts me up when I am going through hard times.God bless you all for spreading the Good News of Jesus!!Praying for you and your families!!Hope you had a blessed birthday as well.Take care.Keep up the God work and may the ministries the Lord have you in soar to the hem of heaven.
Steph